Velibor 'The Count' Mačukatin

PDF
Print
E-mail
Written by Administrator
Saturday, 20 June 2009 15:46

Short biography

Velibor 'The Count' Mačukatin was born on 3 November 1919 in Sumartin on the island of Brač.
He attended the primary schools in Split and Zagreb and in 1937 enrolled in the Zagreb Crafts School in the class of professor Davorin Hotko.

In 1939, after two years at the sculpture department of the Crafts School in Zagreb he started his studies at the Academy of Fine Arts. His teachers were Kerdić, Kršinić, Meštrović and others.

He interrupted his studies from 1944 to 1945 to join the Partisan army.
In 1946 Mačukatin graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts and started the postgraduate study in duration of two years in the class of professor Antun Augustinčić, continuing to work as his assistant on the following monuments:
'Batina Skela' in Novi Sad,
'Šitluci' in Banja Luka,
'United Nations' in New York and
'Matija Gubec' in Gornja Stubica.

In 1945 he took part in the 'Second Exhibition of the Croatian Fine Arts Society' in Zagreb, and that same year in Paris he exposed his first medal dedicated to Women's Convention.
In 1955 he had his first individual exhibition in the ULUH Salon in Zagreb.

In cooperation with the architect Đuro Kavurić he worked on the following museum layouts:
the Museum of Revolution – Sarajevo,
the Museum of Workers' Movement – Slavonski Brod,
the Museum of Revolution of Vojvodina – Novi Sad,
Skopje Museum, City Museum – Vukovar, etc.

Mačukatin's works are shown in various galleries and private collections in Croatia and abroad.
He lives and works in Zagreb.


Last Updated ( Saturday, 20 June 2009 22:44 )